India Runway Week in its tenth season, hosted a 3 day event at DLF Place Saket in New Delhi on 20-22 April’18. The show is a platform for young, promising and upcoming talents to be showcased alongside the big names from the industry. Where some young and aspiring new designers exhibited their designs and impressed brands, the established names showed what they got and why they are where they are. It’s a great format and platform, the new entrants in the industry, by showing the caliber can collaborate with brands at the event too.
A glimpse of designs exhibited by models at the event with designers and their showstoppers.
IRW is the India’s one of the third largest fashion event and Asia’s youngest. It was hosted by IFFD (Indian Federation of Fashion Development). There were some starry grace appearances too from the India’s Tinseltown.
Designers exhibited at the show were:
- Bibi Russell
- Rohit Arora, Varsana and Soniya Saanchi
- Nazila Sawhney and Kavita Agarwal
- James Ferriera
- Ankita Yadav, Istuti & Vivek, Udayan Dalmia, Sunidhi Garodia and Shefali Dhaka Sirohi.
- Akkash K Aggarwal
- RIG – Utility Clothing
- Shivaanii R Singhania and Ankita
- Shravan Kummar
- Banka Silk
- Apeejay University (students)
- Ambica, Twinkle Pupreja, Tripti Chandak, Oindrilla Das and Ashima S Couture
- Sadan Pande and Shravan Gajam
- Shradha Goenka, Aditya Panchal, Shivani Bachheria and Vaani Raghupati
- Nikhita – Mynah
And for the glam; there were:
- Mannara Chopra
- Laxami Agarwal
- Nushrat Balucha
- Asha Negi
- Karishma Tanna
- Sanaya Pithawala
- Ragini Khanna